Big News: FounderDating is joining OneVest to build the largest community for entrepreneurs. Details here
Latest Notifications
You have no recent recommendations.
Name
Title

MiniBio
Title

Question goes here

1,300 Followers

Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur

NOW THE MATTER IS REALLY CLOSED :) Re: [FD Members] question about accelerators taking equity

I turned the program down. I seem to be getting along fine without them,
and I felt it was a bit extractive.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Cheers,
*Chandra*
*CEO, tripchi*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------
*tripchi is a mobile app that helps you make the most of your time in the
airport.* It serves up recommendations of things to do in the airport based
on your personality, interests and flight info, and offers *exclusive deals
on food, drink, and shopping opportunities*, the ability to *connect with
other travelers*, as well as detailed content to *explore the airport*.

Sign up for our beta at http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1124579/Airports>

Also, check us out on CNBC <http://www.cnbc.com/id/49762594?slide=27> and Women
2.0<http://www.women2.com/emc-innovation-market-promoting-woman-powered-i...>
Chandra L. Jacobs, tripchi CEO, Thunderbird MBA grad, world explorer
c...@tripchi.com       Phone: (703) 785-0621
@tripchi on twitter

Thunderbird School of Global Management
#1 "International" Full-time MBA (U.S. News & World Report 2013)

"Borders frequented by trade seldom need soldiers."

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM, kymberlie mcnicholas <kym...@gmail.com>wrote:

8 Replies

Kym McNicholas
Kym McNicholas Entrepreneur
TV Host, Tech Jounalist, Director of Extreme Tech Challenge, Host of KDOW Radio's NewFocus On Innovation

I'm so proud of u! Tough decision!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2013, at 8:44 PM, Chandra Jacobs <c...@tripchi.com> wrote:

Christopher Dessi
Christopher Dessi Entrepreneur
TEDx Speaker, Founder, CEO, Angel Investor, Author of Remarkable You, & Just Like You, Inc Columnist

wow - not an easy decision. Well done Chandra.

JD Lasica
JD Lasica Entrepreneur
Entrepreneur, tech innovator, journalist, author, social media strategist, change agent

I hope that accelerator model does NOT catch on!

jd

[image: photo]
*JD Lasica*
Co-founder, Placely
t: [removed to protect privacy] | m: [removed to protect privacy]
e: jhttp://placely.com

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Chris Dessi <chrisde...@silverbacksocial.com

Stefan Brunner
Stefan Brunner Entrepreneur
Cofunder and COO at TheTechMap, Inc

For me, accelerator money is pocket change. Though, I am not right of college any more. Back then, I financed my first business through savings, early revenue, and strict cash flow management. Today, I have family, a mortgage and anything else which comes with being a sole provider.

More interesting for my stage in life is how to get actual funding to start fulltime and hire a small team. The accelerator model fits in terms of emotional support but not in terms of finances. I do not care too much about office space and equipment as I have all of that from my day job, working from home (or from a plane) for the last decade.

How to get serious funding in the current environment is still a gap to solve for me.

--- Stefan

sbrun...@soamcop.net
[removed to protect privacy] (cell)

On Jan 8, 2013, at 2:26 AM, JD Lasica <jdlas...@gmail.com> wrote:

Kelly Mackin
Kelly Mackin Entrepreneur
Entrepreneur, Writer, Product Creator

They make one go through a lot of hoops for small cash and big equity.  Some, like Y Combinator, offer great STRATEGIC and PR value.   But that said, most do not.  I'd also suggest the economic value of time is a consideration.  If you are jumping through hoops to prepare due diligence for what amounts to a tiny amount of money then my advice would be to remain cautious.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Stefan Brunner <sbrun...@spamcop.net> wrote:

Kelly Mackin
Kelly Mackin Entrepreneur
Entrepreneur, Writer, Product Creator

Gates philosophy was always to take anything that was offered to create momentum and leverage.    I think that's a risky strategy without his connections.  (His mother, Mary Gates, was on the board of United Way and knew the CEO of IBM personally).

If you have the ability to produce a great solution without it, or at least to get to revenue, then I'd say no if it costs you a ton of time in due diligence.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2013, at 12:26 AM, JD Lasica <jdlas...@gmail.com> wrote:

Peter Baltaxe
Peter Baltaxe Entrepreneur • Advisor
Consultant, product leader, serial entrepreneur

That is the role of Angel funding, assuming that your business is intended
to grow into something significant and not peak at a lifestyle revenue
rate.   As an angel investor, I look for customer traction as the most
important indicator of potential success (beyond team
expertise/passion/experience, sound business model, and large potential
market-which I classify as theoretical success indicators.)  The sweet spot
for the angel groups I am associated with is having a few significant
paying customers (if you are a B2B play) and a pipeline of interest.  The
whole lean startup model and MVP strategy is designed to get you to paying
customers with minimal investment in time and resources.  I advise and
mentor startups in this process, so I am happy to chat more about it one on
one.  But that is how you close the gap.

-        Pete Baltaxe

Stefan Brunner
Stefan Brunner Entrepreneur
Cofunder and COO at TheTechMap, Inc

Hi Kelly,

This is it not really a good comparison as your are paying for the accelerator. It is not free. Likewise you could pay a celebrity to endorse your business or hire a top consultant.

--- Stefan

On Jan 8, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Kelly M <ke...@deepcello.com> wrote:

Join FounderDating to participate in the discussion
Nothing gets posted to LinkedIn and your information will not be shared.

Just a few more details please.

DO: Start a discussion, share a resource, or ask a question related to entrepreneurship.
DON'T: Post about prohibited topics such as recruiting, cofounder wanted, check out my product
or feedback on the FD site (you can send this to us directly info@founderdating.com).
See the Community Code of Conduct for more details.

Title

Give your question or discussion topic a great title, make it catchy and succinct.

Details

Make sure what you're about to say is specific and relevant - you'll get better responses.

Topics

Tag your discussion so you get more relevant responses.

Question goes here

1,300 Followers

Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
Know someone who should answer this question? Enter their email below
Stay current and follow these discussion topics?