Big News: FounderDating is joining OneVest to build the largest community for entrepreneurs. Details here
Latest Notifications
You have no recent recommendations.
Name

Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur
    Entrepreneur

Recommendation for Accounting/Payroll system

Hi All,

I am looking for a cloud solution for Accounting and Payroll. Can anyone
recommend a CLOUD solution for startup/small business?

Regards,

*Asim Siddiqui*

*Founder, WizeNation*

Tel: ([removed to protect privacy]

Twitter: @asimsiddiqui_

*http://www.wizenation.com/>*

10 Replies

Stefan Brunner
Stefan Brunner Entrepreneur
Cofunder and COO at TheTechMap, Inc

How about Ultimate? They were a client of myself, I built their network
infrastructure. I have not worked with their service, but I can speak of the
their cloud infrastructure which is top.

--- Stefan

From: [removed to protect privacy] [mailto:[removed to protect privacy]]
On Behalf Of asim
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 3:47 PM
To: [removed to protect privacy]
Subject: [FD Members] Recommendation for Accounting/Payroll system

Hi All,

I am looking for a cloud solution for Accounting and Payroll. Can anyone
recommend a CLOUD solution for startup/small business?

Regards,

Asim Siddiqui

Founder, WizeNation

Tel: ([removed to protect privacy]

Twitter: @asimsiddiqui_

<http://wizenation.com/images/logo.png?[removed to protect privacy]>

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"FounderDating" group.
To post to this group, send email to [removed to protect privacy].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[removed to protect privacy].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/founderdating?hl=en.

Eric Rogness
Eric Rogness Entrepreneur
Technical Product Manager

WaveAccounting.com, hands down. Absolutely free, full featured, easy to use accounting software. It makes bookkeeping soooooo simple and quick. And really inexpensive payroll. Big savings compared to traditional payroll providers like Ceridian. Don't be suspicious of the 'free' aspect. They're well funded and make money on the payroll and other value adds. Your data is completely portable.

EricRogness.com(647) 297-7126

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:47:29 -0800
From: ahttp://groups.google.com/group/founderdating?hl=en.

Shane Robinson
Shane Robinson Entrepreneur
Entrepreneur, Army veteran, MBA/MPA joint degree student

Quickbooks Online

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 11, 2013, at 1:47 PM, asim <a...@wizenation.com> wrote:

Salar Salahshoor
Salar Salahshoor Entrepreneur

Outsource your payroll to ADP, Paychex or a local firm.  Do you really want
to calculate and keep track of all the local, state, and federal tax
requirements yourself?

Outsource your accounting to a local bookkeeper, and I'd recommend
Quickbooks Pro over Online, it has way more functionality that you'll
probably want (or at least your accountant will want), and it's cheaper.
 If you insist on a cloud solution, then QB Online is the only one I know
that I would trust.

Salar

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Shane Robinson <sprobinson1...@gmail.com>wrote:

Kerry Finsand
Kerry Finsand Entrepreneur
CEO at Taplister, INC.

I use Wave Accounting as well.  I agree with Eric and I agree with his
reasoning. Though the last week or so Wave Accounting has had some issues,
but they just fixed the ability to export reports today.

Cheers

Kerry
Taplister.com

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Eric Rogness <ericrogn...@hotmail.com>wrote:

Stephen Kowalski
Stephen Kowalski Entrepreneur
Senior Technology Leader

I like surepayroll.  Handles everything, about half the cost of ADP, good
customer support, and can pay from iphone app.

Quickbooks online for bookkeeping.  Need to look into Wave, but we are
heavy users.

Ryan Jackson
Ryan Jackson Entrepreneur • Advisor
Founder at Paid

We use inDinero and ZenPayroll, both very reasonably priced. inDinero has payroll as well, but I am too much in love with ZenPayroll to switch.

I'm happy to intro anyone to either, as I think they are still limiting customers.

Also happy to talk more about them if anyone has specific questions.

Best,
->Ryan

On Jan 11, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Stephen Kowalski <skowal...@gmail.com> wrote:

Michael Markarian
Michael Markarian Entrepreneur
Founder at Mount Dream

Payroll is not a place to mess around.  Taxes get taken out of every check,
go to your Payroll company, and they are responsible to pass on to IRS ...
if your payroll company is a scam and doesn't (this happens), you could owe
hundreds of thousands of dollars to the IRS.

So be careful and choose someone reputable.

Mike

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Ryan Jackson <ryanwjack...@gmail.com>wrote:

Jeff Bennett
Jeff Bennett Entrepreneur
Serial Entrepreneur, Technologist, Strategist and Developer

I have used Paycycle for payroll for a long time and been very happy with
it. I thought when Intuit bought it they would mess it up. Not sure it fits
what you need but it has been good for me.

Jeff

Keith Wright
Keith Wright Entrepreneur
Helping customers prevent costly product losses by being prepared for the next temperature threat
I would agree with Shane on the accounting side - Quickbooks online.
As for payroll - I've been using Bank of America for about 5 years now (BTW - Intuit recently bought that but still interfaces with the bank). I've been very pleased with this and I've used a few over the last 13 years of running my company. This one is simple and inexpensive and I've never had a problem. I also agree with others - don't try and do this yourself to save a few bucks. I spend about $35/month with Bank of America/Intuit.
Join FounderDating to participate in the discussion
Nothing gets posted to LinkedIn and your information will not be shared.

Just a few more details please.

DO: Start a discussion, share a resource, or ask a question related to entrepreneurship.
DON'T: Post about prohibited topics such as recruiting, cofounder wanted, check out my product
or feedback on the FD site (you can send this to us directly info@founderdating.com).
See the Community Code of Conduct for more details.

Title

Give your question or discussion topic a great title, make it catchy and succinct.

Details

Make sure what you're about to say is specific and relevant - you'll get better responses.

Topics

Tag your discussion so you get more relevant responses.

Question goes here

1,300 Followers

Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
    Details
Know someone who should answer this question? Enter their email below
Stay current and follow these discussion topics?